Credit Card SecurityYou can swipe with confidence, because at NET Credit Union, we take your credit card security very seriously. That’s why we provide our credit card holders with EMV chip-enabled cards and free enrollment in VISA Purchase Alerts. With VISA Purchase Alerts, you’ll receive real-time email or text notifications of transactions based on your alert preferences. You’ll gain the peace of mind in knowing that your card is being monitored 24/7 for any suspicious activity. Relax and start enjoying added credit card protection today.
Sign up for VISA Purchase Alerts
And receive real-time notifications regarding card use. It’s FREE and easy to use.
Enrolling is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Create your account, confirm your email address and add your card(s)
- Select your VISA Purchase Alerts settings
- Purchase meets or exceeds a certain amount
- Purchase made outside the U.S.
- Purchase made online or over the phone
- Enter your preferred contact method
The transaction alerts are immediate, helping you to quickly identify any unauthorized transactions or fraudulent activity on your credit card. Preferences can be changed or you can stop the alerts at any time. You can add more than one credit card for alerts and set up both email and text alerts for extra security. With VISA Purchase Alerts, you can monitor your credit card activity from wherever you are. Although the service is free, data usage charges may apply. Be sure to enroll today.
Report a lost or stolen card immediately
Call Customer Service Number 800-599-7889
Ten tips for protecting yourself from credit card fraud
- Keep your cards safe. Don’t take all of your cards with you everywhere you go, rather take only the cards you need. Keep others safely locked away.
- Make strong passwords. Weak passwords are a goldmine for identity thieves. Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Report lost or stolen credit cards immediately. You can do so by calling Customer Service.
- Avoid giving your credit card information unless it’s to a trusted source.
- Be careful with online credit card use. Beware of shady websites and be vigilant when using your credit card online. Avoid clicking on suspicious looking links. When shopping online, don’t allow sites to save your credit card information.
- Monitor your credit card transactions regularly online and your billing statements each month.
- Review your credit reports regularly. Look for any discrepancies.
- Shred all papers with personal information before discarding them, such as old credit card statements.
- Protect your PIN number, don’t share it and don’t keep it with your card.
Have a NET Credit Union VISA card? Sign up for VISA Purchase Alerts now